Form: Apply for a keeper's certificate for a heavy goods vehicle (HGV)

Updated: Updated with the latest version of the application form.

Use this form to apply for a keeper’s certificate for a trailer, or to get a replacement if the original has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

Send the form online

Download and fill in the application form.

Save the application form on your computer.

Send the application form to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) using the service to apply for a certificate for a lorry. You also need to send supporting documents.

Pay the application fee by credit or debit card (DVSA will tell you how to do this after you’ve applied), or by cheque or using a pre-funded account.

The supporting documents you need to send are copies of:

the vehicle’s registration documents the manufacturer’s build specifications the ministry plating certificate any other relevant information Send the form by post

You can also send the application and supporting documents by post.

DVSA technical service branch

Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Technical and support services The Ellipse Padley road Swansea SA1 8AN

Your application can be delayed if you do not fill in the application form correctly.

Local copy of certificate-of-keeper-vehicle-form.pdf

seen at 14:38, 8 November in Publications on GOV.UK.
Email this to a friend.