Cattle, sheep and pig slaughter
The latest monthly national statistics produced by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on the slaughter of cattle, sheep and pigs, dressed carcase weights and meat production taken from surveys of slaughterhouses run by the UK Agricultural Departments released on 18th October 2012 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
The latest data relates to September 2012.
The key points from this release are:
- UK monthly slaughter
- UK monthly average dressed carcase weights.
- UK monthly home-killed production of meat.
- UK average weekly slaughter estimates.
- UK slaughterings by country.
The latest statistics notice, a monthly dataset showing slaughter numbers and dressed carcase weights and a quarterly dataset showing UK meat production and supplies (includes beef, lamb, pigmeat and poultrymeat) can be downloaded below.
Geographic Breakdown: Home Countries (slaughterings only)
Next release date: Release calendar
For more information about this release, please e-mail: Sarah.Thompson@defra.gsi.gov.uk or telephone:++44 (0)1904 455097
18 October 2012
- UK slaughterings and dressed carcase weights – statistics notice (pdf, 88 KB)
- UK slaughterings and dressed carcase weights – monthly dataset (xls, 381 KB)
28 September 2012
- UK meat production and supplies – quarterly dataset (xls, 225 KB)