- Business investment in seasonally adjusted terms rose by £0.3 billion to £30.1 billion (0.9 per cent) when compared with the previous quarter
- Business investment increased by £0.9 billion (3.1 per cent) when compared with the second quarter of 2011
- Total manufacturing investment rose by £0.2 billion to £3.1 billion (5.9 per cent) when compared with the previous quarter
- Total non-manufacturing investment rose by £0.1 billion to £27.0 billion (0.3 per cent) when compared with the previous quarter
- Compared with the second quarter of 2011, total manufacturing investment fell by 1.5 per cent; total non-manufacturing investment rose by £0.9 billion (3.6 per cent)
Commentary and tables on investment trends by businesses. Contains capital expenditure data for various sectors of the economy at current prices, constant prices and seasonally adjusted.