Food statistics pocketbook
The annual Food Statistics Pocketbook provides a round-up of statistics on food covering the economic, social and environmental aspects of the food we eat (excluding agriculture).
It has chapters on:
- Food Chain (beyond agriculture)
- Prices and Expenditure
- Global and UK Supply
- Dietary Health
- Safety and Confidence
Data comes from previously published Government surveys run by the ONS and Defra and a wide range of other sources including Government agencies and commercial organisations. More information about data sources is available here.
The publication carries the National Statistics logo but is a combination of National Statistics and other statistics. Those which are National Statistics are identified as being so.
Family Food is the source of detailed statistical information on purchased quantities, expenditure and nutrient intakes derived from both household and eating out food and drink.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 01904 455069
Think before you print – do you really need a paper copy? Due to the nature of the publication if you do need to print we advise printing to A5 (2 pages to a sheet A4) double sided.
27 September 2012
- Food statistics pocketbook 2012 (pdf, 2706 KB)
2 April 2012
- Food statistics pocketbook 2011 (in year update) (pdf, 3223 KB)
16 February 2012
- Food statistics pocketbook 2011 (superseded) (pdf, 3221 KB)
29 September 2011
- Food statistics pocketbook 2011 (superseded) (pdf, 3207 KB)
- Food statistics pocketbook 2011 – data sources (pdf, 234 KB)