UK Sea Fisheries Statistics and its subsidiary publications The UK Fishing Industry: Structure and Activity and The UK Fishing Industry: Landings are annual Office for National Statistics publications, adhering to the Code of Practice of Practice for Official Statistics.
The UK Fishing Industry: Landings contains information published in chapter 3 of UK Sea Fisheries Statistics. The publication provides a comprehensive overview of the quantity and value of species landed by UK and foreign vessels into the UK and by UK vessels landing abroad. It includes breakdowns by:
- vessel nationality
- port and country of landing
- area of capture and fishing gear used
- vessel size and sectoral membership.
The UK Fishing Industry in 2011: Landings was published on 30 August 2012.
The UK Fishing Industry: Structure and Activity contains information published in chapter 2 of UK Sea Fisheries Statistics. The publication is available below, and covers:
- the size and composition of the UK fishing fleet
- number of fishermen on UK registered fishing vessels
- accidents involving fishing vessels and fishermen
- fishing effort by UK vessels, including expanded coverage of effort in the cod and sole recovery zones and the Western Waters.
The UK Fishing Industry in 2011: Structure and Activity was published on 12 July 2012.
- The UK Fishing Industry in 2011: Structure and Activity
- The UK Fishing Industry in 2011: Structure and Activity (PDF 4.4 MB)
- The UK Fishing Industry in 2011: Structure and Activity (Excel tables within the publication).
UK Sea Fisheries Statistics provides a broad picture of the UK fishing industry and its operations. The coverage includes the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands with separate figures for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The publication includes information on:
- the structure and activity of the UK fishing industry
- supplies, overseas trade and marketing
- main stocks and their level of exploitation
- the world fishing industry
UK Sea Fisheries Statistics 2011 will be published on 27 September 2012.
Statistics and Analysis Team
Marine Management Organisation
Tel: 020 7979 8573
Fax: 020 7270 8072
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/