Overseas Trade Statistics - EU Latest Release
Date: 14 August 2012
Coverage: United Kingdom
Theme: Business & Energy
The value of UK trade decreased in June 2012 compared to the previous month. This reverses the increases seen in May. Exports fell to their lowest level since August 2010.
As the value of exports fell more than the value of imports, this resulted in an increase in the difference between UK imports from the EU and exports to the EU. This difference is now £5.2 billion, the largest monthly difference in recent years.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in 'The User Story'. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database here.
- UK’s EU exports have decreased by £1.3 billion (10.2 per cent) compared to May 2012, to £11.6 billion. Compared to June 2011 exports have decreased by £2.0 billion (14.5 per cent).
- UK’s EU imports have decreased by £0.3 billion (1.7 per cent) compared to May 2012, to £16.8 billion. Compared to June 2011 imports marginally decreased by £0.1 billion (0.8 per cent).
- The UK remains a net importer (imports are greater than exports). The size of difference between imports and exports has increased by 24.4 per cent compared to May 2012, but when compared to June 2011 the gap has increased by 54.4 per cent.
- The final estimate of total exports for 2011 is £158.3 billion compared with £142.0 billion in 2010. This is an increase of 11.5 per cent.
- The final estimate of total imports from 2011 is £202.6 billion compared with £186.8 billion in 2010. This is an increase of 8.5 per cent
|Overseas Trade Statistics(Import)||Jun 2012||14 Aug 2012||View Release|
|Overseas Trade Statistics(Export)||Jun 2012||14 Aug 2012||View Release|
|Overseas Trade Statistics(Commentary)||Jun 2012||14 Aug 2012||View Release|
Please note: there may be a delay between the availability of the aggregated data tables downloadable here and the detailed data in our interactive database. This is because of the time required to upload such a large dataset. Subscribers to our email Alert Service will be sent an alert when the interactive database has been updated.
Date of Next Release (EU): 14 August 2012
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current